Sunday 29 December 2013

2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor

in a recent interview Oritsejafor gave his honest opinion concerning the 2015 upcoming elections. Excerpts
If you look at what is going on in the polity today, there is a kind of gang-up between the Muslim South- west and the North-west that is predominantly Muslims ahead of 2015. What is your concern? Do you think they are up to something?
To be honest with you, I’m very troubled. They don’t like people like us saying certain things. At the end of the day, they look at us and say ‘you are the one that is heating up the polity’, but it is strange because all we do is react to the reactions of other people. What you have just described is exactly what some of us are seeing that is very frightening.
Are we aligning along religious line? Because if that is what is happening, it is very dangerous for Nigeria. Obviously, it is not all of the South-west, it is like the Muslim South-w est, the far North Muslims.
It is very frightening, it shouldn’t be, and they shouldn’t pretend about this, they should come out and tell the truth because that’s what we see here.
I don’t want to comment on political parties because I’m not a politician, I’m not going to that extent, but we should not do that. We should please allow Nigeria be and allow the people to decide what they want. It’s a very dangerous direction if we go that way.
The body language we see is not good for this nation, and I think the media must help us to get the message across that this is very dangerous for the unity of this nation and I pray that it shouldn’t go that way so that we can come today and not try to divide this nation. I’m being very selective in my words.
I wish Nigeria well. I believe that 2013 was a year of discovery, 2014 for me is a year of recovery. I see Nigeria being able to recover. We have an incredible opportunity to recover and I hope and pray and believe God for recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment